We have been busy developing Lemon Chilli Dukkah – a delicious blend of Brazil nut with fennel and lemon. Spicing up this blend is the Lemon Drop Chilli (Aji Chilli) which are grown locally by The Oxfordshire Chilli Garden. Lemon Drop Chillies have a wonderfully fruity, zesty aroma providing the perfect chilli hit! It is delicious as a crumb coating for fish, pork and chicken or used as a dip with bread and oil.
Mr Tack’s is delighted to team up with local potter Elizabeth Derrington to add her pretty porcelain bowls and spoons to our Dipping Hamper. Available in Midnight Blue or Turquoise, with our speciality Dukkah and rapeseed oil hamper or individually.
“Pottery has been my hobby for many years, but since I retired about 18 months ago I’ve been taking it more seriously. I’ve set up a studio in my garden shed and am using porcelain clay and a variety of colourful glazes to make pots that are functional but also stylish. All are designed to stand up to the rough and tumble of daily life” Elizabeth
1. Pour a little rapeseed or olive oil over the chicken and rub it in all over.
2. Generously sprinkle Mr Tack’s Dukkah over the chicken thigh fillet and use your hands to ensure the Dukkah is patted onto both sides. Don’t skimp! You are looking for an even crust covering the fillet.
3. Cook in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat with a drop of oil, for 5 minutes each side.
4. Place the frying pan in the oven at 180ºC for another 5-10 minutes until the chicken is golden brown (and with an internal temperature of 72ºC). At the same time place the ciabatta roll on another shelf in the oven to warm up.
5. Slice the ciabatta roll in half and spread with mayonnaise (we recommend Stainswick Farm Garlic Mayonnaise) and then add the chicken, avocado, Cos lettuce and tomato.